Bold Painted Library Dreams

It has been a long while since I’ve done a round-up post but with just 45 day before we close on the new house and not very much beauty to share at our current house (as you can image.) I’ve spent a lot of time dreaming about things to come and even more time on Pinterest. In between filling nail holes and packing boxes I thought I’d share a little inspiration for the new house. The library in particular.

Right now this is the room I am most excited about getting my hands on. Maybe it’s the built-ins galore or all of the room for my West German Pottery collection but either way I can’t get this room out of my mind. Ever since my  blue mantel experiment I’m hook on the idea of going bold in this room. Have a look at some of my inspiration.

Lindsey Carol Harper

Meredith Heron

Charles Spada

The Design Daredevil

Achitectural Digest

Elle Decor

Nicole LaMotte

Angie Hranowsky

Now all I have to do is pick a color… Easy, Right? What color would you choose?

Comments

1. OMG RED! RED! Pick red!!! 😀

• Haha, do you feel strongly about that?

• Red is the best colour of all! 😀 I know it can be very hard to make a bigger amount of red work in interiors (I mean actual red walls, not just pillows and rugs and artwork), but for a library it would be great – stunning and perfectly liveable.

2. Angie Freeman says:

I love the dark green. It’s beautiful.
    I also like the shiny black, but I can only imagine how it will show dust.

3. Karen says:

Red or Navy. That being said, which ever color you choose will be amazing!!!

4. Maggie, whatever you do, will be amazing. Can’t wait to see.

5. Linda says:

How about a bright orange red coral color.

6. I’d pick the navy! I’m on a navy kick right now tho 🙂 Red would be my second choice, followed by the aqua. Or maybe a darker eggplant purple… 😉
    However, the floors look to be an interesting orange-ish color (red oak?). So whichever color you choose, make sure the floor color doesn’t oppose it!
    Can’t wait to see the final color!

7. Sojourner says:

I love the greens. But maybe you could find a fabulous carpet first, and then decide. Easier than
    the reverse.

8. BILLIE LOW says:

FUSCHIA!!!!

9. They are all fabulous! I can’t wait to see what you do!!! It is such a treat to find a house on the internet that uses colour. I love colour!!!

• Thanks Cindy, being in a rental can be challenging when it comes to color so I’ll be glad to get into a home of my own where the skies the limit.

10. Wanda Cooper says:

I love the turquoise or the emerald green. Now that I’m thinking more about the glossy black FP, I think the emerald green. This is taking all of your furniture and accessories into account. So exciting!

11. Julie Russell says:

Oh my goodness, so many possibilities! Love the blue in first photo but all your inspirations photos are amazing. Can’t wait to see what you do!

I'd love to hear what you think!

%d bloggers like this: