This is a sponsored post
Week four of the One Room Challenge hosted by Linda of Calling It Home is here and it has been a busy week. In case you aren’t up to speed… the One Room Challenge is an event where twenty design bloggers take on the challenge of transforming one space in just six weeks. Every Wednesday, the designers document their progress while sharing their sources and professional advice. In addition to following along, everyone with a blog, (that’s me!) is welcome to join the fun as a guest participant by linking their own room transformations to Calling It Home.
This go round I am tackling my laundry room you can see what I’ve been doing so far below
And here is where we are headed…
This week the was focusing on some project that will improve the functionality of the laundry room and since the laundry room also happens to be the pet feeding area improving functionality means finding a spot for everyone to eat. My first project was this vintage radio that got a new look and a secret new use.
I scored it at a consignment store a little worse for wear. The speaker was busted and someone had added some not so great gold embellishments. I started by ripping out all the guts, which weighed about 100 lbs.
I knew the details on this piece would be a perfect test for my new Home Decor Paint Sprayer by Wagner. This was my first time using the sprayer so I admit I was a little nervous…
I followed the sprayer instructions thinning my Valspar furniture paint with water and I was ready to spray.
I am a huge spray paint fan so I was excited to see how this sprayer worked since you are limited in color when it comes to canned spray paint.
Well guys the results are in, I love this baby! I used the same techniques I would with canned spray paint only here you are able to get as close as 3″ to 6″ from the piece which means a lot less overspray and a lot less vapors in the air. You can even get a good spray at odd angles.
So what is my vote on the Home Decor Paint Sprayer by Wagner? I am a convert guys! I got a super smooth finish and clean up involves a rinse with plain water.
With my paint job all finished I was ready to replace the hardware which I decided to update with some colorful glass pulls from D. Lawless.
And as promised I made a few alteration for this guys secret use… No that is not a ghost.
It’s Ozzie in his new cat house. With the addition of an opening cut into each shelf, the cat can enter his feeder house from below and I don’t have to worry about the dogs eating all his food.
I also got creative for feeding the dogs by adding a platform with two bowl cutouts to the top of the large drawer in the mud bench I will be using to store dog food.
The drawer pulls all the way out to access the food then you can push it in half way in while the dogs are eating and then all the way in when everyone is done. No bowls on the floor to trip on plus I can store over 40 lbs. of dog food no problem.
I also made progress on the functional part of the mud bench (and a little of the pretty.) I finished up all the trim and added some Antique English coat hooks also from D. Lawless Hardware and I think you might also be catching a glimpse of my Joan Mclemore wallpaper from Spoonflower.
But that is all you are getting because I’m saving that beauty for the reveal. Still, lots to do before we get there tough.
- Install counter over washer dryer
- Stain and polyurethane
- Install backsplash
- Paint doors
- add accessories
- hope and pray all my online orders make it on time!
That is still a lot and with only two weeks left and it is going to be tight. Wish me luck!