One Room Challenge Master Bedroom – Week Six Reveal

DSC00964IG

I can’t believe it’s finally here, the big day when I get to reveal what I have accomplished in the last six weeks. If you haven’t been keeping up let me remind you that twice a year Linda of Calling It Home hosts the  One Room Challenge, during this event twenty design bloggers take on the challenge to transform one space in just six weeks. Every Wednesday, the designers document their progress while sharing their sources and professional advice. In addition to following along, everyone with a blog, (that’s me!) is welcome to join the fun as a guest participant by linking their own room transformations to Calling It Home. Today is the final post in my spring 2016 master bedroom makeover and I’m so excited to share how far it’s come.

ORCIf you missed the progress so far you can have a look back:

WEEK 1, WEEK 2, WEEK 3, WEEK 4 and Week 5

First let’s take a peek at where it all began. A mishmash of furniture, bad wallpaper border and ugly brown paint job. This room made me want to cry.

DSC00131
DSC00128

Now with some inspiration from Oly Studios and a whole lot of hard work

photo_17

the master bedroom now has a brand new look…

DSC00978IG

I won’t go into long explanations on what went on this week because most of you have followed along and seen it all happen in real-time. Instead I am going to share all my pretty pictures of the once ugly room that now makes me completely happy!

DSC00980IG

From my custom DIY drapes,DSC00966IG

to a cozy place to sit, I now have a master bedroom that is all grown up.

DSC00960IG

My collection of paper cut silhouettes finally made it off the floor of our closet and onto to the wall.

DSC00955IG

DSC00956IG

A perfect complement opposite the black shades on my vintage lamps.

DSC00967IG

The hideous 1990’s ceiling fan is gone!

DSC00974IG

And my new king size bed and vintage Henredon headboard are stealing the show.

DSC00985IG

I can’t tell you how pleased I am with the results, I hope you love it too.

DSC00970IG

Source List

Paint/ Valspar Morning Lake

Headboard/ Vintage

Shams/ Pottery Barn

Euro Shams/ DIY

Quilt/ Target

Throw pillows/ TJMaxx ,H&M, Target

Starburst/ All Modern

Bench/Vintage DIY

Night Stands/Vintage DIY

Curtains/ Ikea DIY

Rug/ Vintage

Ceiling fan/ Lamps Plus

Special thanks to Lamps Plus for providing our ceiling fan the 52″ Minka Aire Aluma in Oil-Rubbed Bronze and Purdy Paint Tools for the providing all our painting supplies.

And to Linda at Calling It Home for putting this fun project together.

If you like this be sure to stop by and check out all the linking participants and featured bloggers, there are some pretty amazing projects you going to want to see.

Comments

1. Yay! Great job, Maggie! I’m so glad your bedroom doesn’t make you want to cry anymore 🙂

2. WOW, maggie! it looks amazing! beautiful job! love the colors and those nightstands are just killer.

3. Debbie says:

Congratulations on a beautiful job…well done! I think yours is even better because you have done 99% of it yourself. I’ve been following a couple of others in this challenge and they have been using lots of handymen, partners, and way too many freebies. I like your style: bravo!

• Thanks Debbie that is a huge compliment. I decorate on a budget (as most of us must do) so hopefully what I accomplish is a realistic goal for readers.

4. So so pretty! And so much that I want for my own home 😉 Those curtains, nightstands and hello sunburst 😉 Well I want it all LOL

5. Karen says:

Maggie the room is fabulous! I would have expected nothing less from you. You are amazing!!! Way to go 😊.

6. It looks so beautiful! Great job!

7. Maggie! I love it. It’s such a difference and you have me rethinking our whole bedding look! Love what you’ve done with yours. Congrats on finishing and on a job well done!

8. FABULOUS job Maggie! You have a real talent not only for pulling it together BUT DIY unreal!

9. Ellen says:

I love this! It really feels like it’s “you” and makes me want to get to know the person who put it all together. I love a non-trendy space. I actually have the exact same headboard, picked up at consignment for $80. We are getting ready to renovate an old house, but maybe I will participate in ORC in the fall when we finally move in!! Thanks for posting and glad to have found your blog 🙂

• Wow Ellen you got an even better deal on the headboard than I did! Thank you for the kind words. This room is a collection of old, new and things collected over time so yes it is very “ME.” We are currently in a rental house so I was a little limited by that (otherwise that popcorn ceiling would be gone and maybe black :P) but I love the way it all turned out. Jealous of your old house remodel, I love a good project so it kind of kills me to be in a rental. Maybe I’ll see your progress in the ORC this fall.

10. LOVE that pink bench and those green campaign nightstands, Maggie! And the paper silhouette collection all the wall was a great idea. It’s such a lovely room now!

11. Oh my gosh, it looks so, so good! That headboard is gorgeous! And I’m so glad that art made it off the closet floor, it rocks! What a beautiful space to dream and relax in. <3

• Thanks Tania, my shoes are glad the art left the closet too, they need room to breath. Or maybe I just needed some room to buy more????

12. I love it, I love it, I love it!!!!!! …and those curtains….love!

13. Wow! Such a huge transformation. I LOVE your space! The nightstands and the bench are just killer. And the coral/emerald combo is just lovely.

14. I love this, beautifully done. The color combinations are perfect.

15. Wow Maggie, just WOW! I absolutely love the pelmets over the windows and the sitting area is so chic! Love the color combo, too! Fantastic job!!

• Thanks Britt, I’m glad to have this one under my belt and finally have a master bedroom that I wan to be in. I know you know the feeling!

16. I am so in love with your color choices! Seriously in love. And I adore how you’ve incorporated so many vintage details. But, seriously, those colors. Beautiful!

17. There’s so much to love about this room! It turned out fabulous, Maggie! The color combination has me swooning.

18. Love it!!! I really love the unexpected color combination – so refreshing to see color and palettes that are not “of the moment!” 🙂 It looks just lovely!!!!

19. This turned out beautifully. I love the curtains, bed, side tables and those silhouettes are lovely. Great job!

20. Ahh! Your room looks so luxe and beautiful! The colors are so rich. You knocked it out of the park.

21. Wow Maggie, you hit this one out of the park! So many wonderful details, I don’t think I could choose a favorite! However, the nightstands and floral pillows on the bed are just amazing! Great job!

22. I think you nailed your inspiration, and more Maggie! Perfection! I also love your sillhoutte display, its always fun to see a collection on display! Congrats and Cheers for another room done!

23. Those nightstands!!!!!! And I’m obsessed with your drapery! xx

24. Your bedroom is one of my favorite rooms!

25. Madeline says:

It looks SO GOOD! Now only happy tears ’cause it’s so pretty.

26. Beautiful, rich colors… love it!

Cielo

27. I LOVE the colors and patterns! What a beautiful retreat you’ve created!!

28. Wowza! Maggie this is just so amazing! I love the soft colors in this room, and that headboard, and the drapes and the artwork and well… it all! Great job this is just a killer room!

29. Mila @jestcafe says:

Agree with all the wows and woos! The room turned out fantastic, Maggie. The green and pink accents… the gallery wall of vintage art, the side tables, the pink chair… One of my favorites so far, no doubt!!!!

30. Oh my goodness, Maggie, what a change! LOVE your rich colors, and those window cornices are absolutely stunning! Well done!

• Thanks Jennifer, What a ride, glad to be done but I still have the big job of making it though all the reveals. Yours is pretty amazing too!

31. I love how it turned out! There are so many amazing things in this room, I can’t pick a favorite! A few of my favs would have to be the bed frame/headboard, the gallery wall, the blue fur pillow, the pink chair… so many good things!

32. Maggie, your bedroom is fantastic!! It looks and feels like a room that was collected over time! Love the framed paper cut silhouettes and all the personalized DIY touches you put into the room. I love how you grounded the softer colors with hints of black. Great job!

33. Wow! The dresser! The mirror! It looks amazing!

34. Maggie, what a beautiful space you have created! It looks so cozy and well put together. I am interested to know where you collected the silhouettes?!

• Thanks Zan, we lived in Germany for two years so most are German flea market finds but a few I did find in antique stores here in the US.

35. Maggie!! I love it ALL. Those window treatments are just gorgeous and the colors are so fun:)

36. That emerald green and coral is such a nice colour combo!!!
    A dreamy bedroom! You did an amazing job and those curtains are perfect 🙂
    Congratulations!

37. I’m literally obsessed with every single bit of it. What a gorgeous room! I can’t even pick my favorite thing. Great job!

• Thank you Erin, I’ve done so many spaces In my homes and they each have little things that I wish I had or could have resolved better. I have to say this space is one of my favorites of all time.

38. Your color palette is perfect! And those drapes are such a great statement with their shape!! Really great makeover- a bedroom anyone would love to call their own!

39. I love a collected over time room. My favorite thing: Your night stand transformation. What a fabulous bedroom!

40. heyitsfitzy says:

Love your wall of paper cut silhouettes. Very nicely done! So nice to have them on display to enjoy versus the closet floor. 🙂

41. Catching up on the ORC and I just love your room. I love the collected look and all of your scores came together so beautifully. The drapes are beautiful and that headboard??? AMAZING.

42. Oh Maggie, it’s GORGEOUS!! I loved the inspiration pic (one of my favs) and it translated so well in your space. The pink and greens compliment your wall color and furniture beautifully and the details are amazing.

43. Your bedroom looks so bright and fresh now. You did a wonderful job!

44. Amanda says:

What a beautiful room! I love it so much I’m working on re-creating it in my own space! If you don’t mind-where did you get the green throw on the bed? Wonderful job!

• Thank you Amanda glad you love it. The green throw came from a Dillard’s clearance sale, I checked their website but I don’t think it is available anymore. Target also had one in a similar shade that I considered for the room as well but don’t get too hung up on the exact shade I bought. There are lots of shades of green in the pillow shams and any of them would work.

45. I’ve probably already commented somewhere in this massive comment thread, but I’ll do it again because I love this space! On my second tour through the room there were so many new details I noticed. Wow! Love it all!

I'd love to hear what you think!

%d bloggers like this: