Finally, the master bedroom is complete (minus my dream bed which I must have once we return to the States.) I received my beautiful fabric for the curtains and pillows from Fabric.com a while ago but I needed to find a few days to get the sewing done. When the January Cure put the bedroom on my weekend to-do list it was just the motivation I needed to get the job done.
Most of the bedding you have seen in my previous posts but I had not completed the throw pillows. The linen and fabric I used you can see below.
Loving the mix with my new (old) rug, but what I am really loving are my new curtains.
I ended up making a cream-colored valance with navy trim and curtain panels from Duralee JoAnn Blend Coral. The standard treatment for curtains here in Germany is a ceiling mounted track with a thin wooden or plastic valance. I decide to create a larger fabric valance that I attached to the top of the original wood valance using a staple gun before attaching it to the ceiling. This could easily be done using a piece of wood attached to the ceiling and a standard rod mounted beneath.
I made the valance in three parts rather than one long panel so as not to waste fabric and the curtains are basic unlined panels since we have internal roll down shades on the windows. I am so pleased with the results!
So happy to have a new retreat and since I have everything else sorted out I can start dreaming about that new bed…